نمایش نتایج: از شماره 11 تا 20 , از مجموع 124

موضوع: بیوانفورماتیک (Bioinformatics)

Senior Member maryamf آواتار ها
    تاریخ عضویت
    Aug 2007
    ارسال‌ها

پیش فرض پاسخ : ادامه تحصیل در رشته ی بیوانفورماتیک

salam

What area of bioinformatic are you working exactly? Is it computational biology combinated with structural biology and the experimantal works like NMR or X-rays? I mean works like molecular dynamics simulation and docking studies of protein-protein/nucleotide interactions or merely bioinformatics? and how about the institutes you worked in for master and working for PhD?

Best

تاریخ عضویت
    Jan 2008
    ارسال‌ها

Do you mean me or our new friend kh_mhs, my research intersts include systems biology : biologic circuits specialy ones related to complex diseases such as DM or Cancers

تاریخ عضویت
    Aug 2007
    ارسال‌ها

ُsorry, I was not exact!

I mean Mr. Mohsen!

But dear sysbiosys, I know that in waterloo math group they are working in the area you have mentioned. So, maybe you should search in mathematics groups, too. They have links with biology sciences.

تاریخ عضویت
    Jan 2008
    ارسال‌ها

Thanks, I think math departments do not accept MDs, but there are so many departments (different fields) n USA accepting MDs.

تاریخ عضویت
    Mar 2007
    ارسال‌ها

Hello Maryam!

The topic for my Master's thesis was " Using Protein structure prediction to understand the evolution of Genetic coding" It applied 3D structure modeling (threading and homology modeling) and prediction of catalytic domains structure of specific enzymes and superimposition of very large number of prediction and then using the sequences of these predicted regions for phylogenetic analysis.

I have not worked/applied either methods X-ray crystallography and NMR spectroscopy. I have exploited Homology Modeling.
    Right now I am working on miRNA identifications and the project is in the area of Computational Modeling and discovery of Protein-RNA interactions in RNA regulatory group

تاریخ عضویت
    Aug 2007
    ارسال‌ها

Dear Mohsen, are you serious?!

I am getting admision from a professor in biphysical chemistry department of frankfurt that is working on miRNA/protein complexes interaction. They have determined the stucture of Dicer protein in interaction with miRNA and I wrote a proposal on premiRNA/protein complexes interaction studies by X-ray Crystallography and MD simulation ; sure, the work is perfect and intersting but the problem is that I am not sure about the professor's research group and its quality i.e. rank.So, I am too hesitated. You may be able to help me about this and maybe we can collaborate

Thanks

تاریخ عضویت
    Mar 2007
    ارسال‌ها

miRNA is focus of many research groups in computational biology because of their Gene Silincing property and other interferences such as in gene regulatory networks and specially apoptosis, cell cycle and cancer research....My background is computer science and software engineering I still have to learn alot about biochemistry and biology but I should also mention it is tough to find a job in private sectors such as pharmaceuticals most of the jobs are still in academia
    Max Planck Institute is focused in such area of research in Germany specially in Berlin, Frankfurt, Saarbrueken and Goetingen

It is very important to use protein structure methods to find out the structure of RNA-induced silencing complex, or RISC ,because when these complexes find its complementary DNA strand they activate RNAses and this phenomena is important for miRNA and gene regulatory networks which is part of Cancer research so I think it will be interesting

Anyway Good Luck!

Mohsen

تاریخ عضویت
    Aug 2007
    ارسال‌ها

Hi again,Thank you very much for your complete reply. In fact, i have not seen any other prof working in this area in germany, maybe because I have searched in US, more. I mean in structural biology and not molecular part(miRNA itself) , since I do not like molecular biology at all. I like the interactions, structure and dynamics. Maybe they work in this area because of 2006 nobel prize!

Your base is computer but you have studied biology very well. l

Thank you for your time.l

.I think this topic was for sysbiosys

تاریخ عضویت
    Jan 2008
    ارسال‌ها

پیش فرض پاسخ : بیوانفورماتیک و بیولوژی سیستمها؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟/

ولی اینو یک دانشجوی آمریکایی گفت که امسال از هاروارد پذیرش گرفته:

Good letters of recommendation (from reputable/known people) are key to a good application, I think.

My gpa was 3.6/4.0 and gre was 1540 / 6.0, but I don't think they really cared about the numbers as much as the recommendations and statement of purpose.

پیش فرض پاسخ : بیوانفورماتیک و بیولوژی سیستمها؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟/

نقل قول نوشته اصلی توسط sysbiosys
    سلام. من پزشکی خوندم. CV من شامل: چاپ دو مقاله (اسم اول) در IEEE Conference Proceedings , چاپ خلاصه مقاله در BMC Systems Biology و ارائه مقاله در زمینه بیو انفورماتیک در حدود 20 کنفرانس خارجی (همه اسم اول). تدریس در یک کارگاه بین المللی در اروپا (بیوانفورماتیک) چاپ چند مقاله در چند دایره المعارف آمریکایی پزشکی و زیست شناسی (در زمینه بیو انفورماتیک) گذراندن دو دوره تحقیقاتی و آموزشی در اروپا و برنده شدن جایزه سالانه Mobile Medical Computing در آمریکا و .................. . معدل پزشکی من 15.54 هست و نمره تافل اینترنتی من 105. نمره GRE من: Q:770 Verbal: 350 A:3 هست. دو تا Recommendation letter از هاروارد و اروپا دارم. به نظر شما من می تونم در 10 دانشگاه اول آمریکا مثل Harvard یا Columbia یا MIT پذیرش بگیرم؟ من چون رشته بیوانفورماتیک و بیولوزی سیستمها رو می خوام یه کم نگرانم چون در دوران دانشگاه یه بار در درس بیوشیمی افتادم و فکر میکنم بیوشیمی تو این رشته ها خیلی مهمه. کسی نطری داره؟
    مطلب قدیمیه...ولی واقعا CV عالییه....شما چطوری تونستین هم پزشکی بخونید و هم این همه فعالیت داشته باشین؟...ممنون میشم توضیح بدین.

علاقه مندی ها (Bookmarks)

علاقه مندی ها (Bookmarks)

مجوز های ارسال و ویرایش

• شما نمیتوانید موضوع جدیدی ارسال کنید
  • شما امکان ارسال پاسخ را ندارید
  • شما نمیتوانید فایل پیوست در پست خود ضمیمه کنید
  • شما نمیتوانید پست های خود را ویرایش کنید
  •