صفحه 1 از 6 123456 آخرینآخرین
نمایش نتایج: از شماره 1 تا 10 , از مجموع 60

موضوع: apply براي MS معماري در دانشگاه هاي آمريكا و كانادا

پیش فرض apply براي MS معماري در دانشگاه هاي آمريكا و كانادا

سلام
    من فارغ التحصيل رشته كارشناسي معماري از دانشگاه شهيد بهشتي هستم.معدلم 76/15.
    ميخوام براي fall 2008 از يه دانشگاه در آمريكا يا كانادا پذيرش بگيرم!
    البته به scolarship و يا financial aid هم حتما احتياج دارم!

كسي ميتونه به من در انتخاب دانشگاه كمك كنه ؟
    كجاها شانسم بيشتره ؟
    براي چند تا دانشگاه apply كنم ؟

خيلي ممنون ميشم كمكم كنيد در ضمن اگه كسي در زمينه هاي ديگه سوالي داره مطرح كنه شايد من بتونم كمك كنم!
    Maryam Sepehr<br />Bachelor of Architecture<br />Shahid Beheshti University

پیش فرض پاسخ : apply براي MS معماري در دانشگاه هاي آمريكا و كانادا

The Master Degree in Architecture within the US and North American universities is devided to two different routes. One is the M.Sc. and the other is M.Arch.
    You may know that the M.Sc degree has been designed as a research-based degree and the other as a professional one which the local students and the people who want to expand their career abilities and job-finding oppurtunities apply for.
    I think your first step in searching the appropiriate university is to know in what route you want to persue your higher degrees.

About the money matter:
    Unfortunately the amount of available funds in our filed, I mean Architecture, is not comparable with a major such as Electrical Engineering.
    Another problem is that the Iranian Univeristies suffer the lack of Scientific approach in the Architecture Educational Program, which force their graduates to hide themselves behind the Artistic,Phylosphical, Historical, CHARANDical (!) issues of architecture which have not any place in the modern world of today.
    Anyway,
    Availble funds for M.Sc are: RA, TA, Scholarships and Fellowships from the Universities and some other kind of bursuries from other institutions like: www.akdn.org

You as a foreign student can expect Funds while applying for M.Sc which leads you to join the current research projects. It won't be as a peace of cake, but not impossible. It means that you have recieved the RA which is the best kind of fund during your study in the US.

As mentioned before, the M.Arch degree is a job oppurtunity developer and not the Science explorer. So the funding bodies and the investors of the US economy/industry won't have any motivation to spend money on it. But you may have this chance to apply for scholarships rather than the RA while or after the completion of you first semester which is not a simple process ever.

I think I can provide more helpful tips, if I know about your concentration filed.

Good Luck!

خيلي ممنون از اطلاعات مفيدي كه داديد.
    من نمي دونستم معماري M.Sc هم داره. تا حالا دانشگاه هاي كانادا ( toronto , McGill , Waterloo ) را بررسي كردم و چيزي كه پيدا كردم M.Arch بود كه هم professional داره هم post-professional .
    من research-based degree را ترجيح مي دم. به علاوه اينكه به Financial aid هم واقعا نياز دارم.
    مي شه من رو بيشتر راهنمايي كنيد.

دوست عزیز، فایل پیوست را پس از دکمپرس در فولدر favorite خود کپی کنید. حاوی آدرس های تعداد زیادی از دانشگاه های آمریکا که رشته معماری را ارائه می دهند، می باشد. بین آنها دانشگاه هایی که M.Sc ارائه می دهند هم پیدا می شود. می بخشید که زیاد مرتب و تر و تمیز نیست.
    از روی فایل XLS پیوست، آنهایی که M.Sc دارند یا PhD قابل تشخیص می باشند. البته همانطور که می بینید، فایل هنوز کامل نیست ولی رویکرد بدی را برای کار نشان نمی دهد.
    مواردی که قرمز رنگ شده اند، آنهایی می باشند که زمینه تحقیقاتی مورد علاقه خود من را نشان می دهند. Building Science
    برای چه تاریخی قصد Apply دارید؟
    گرایش تحصیلی/تحقیقاتی شما چیست؟
    دانشگاه های کانادا را چندان توصیه نمی کنم. البته کلا کانادا را توصیه نمی کنم.
    فایل های مربوط به Application Process که روی این فروم پیدا می شوید را دیده اید؟
    کل پیغام های فروم را مرور کرده اید؟
    روزمه ای از خود را برای من بفرستید تا بهتر بتوانم کمک کنم.
    تصاویر پیوست فایل‌های پیوست

من برای پاییز 2008 قصد دارم apply کنم.
    گرایش معماری رو ترجیح می دم و پروژه دوره لیسانسم "طراحی یک آپارتمان مسکونی 14 واحدی" بود که 17 شدم.
    الویت های بعدیم به ترتیب معماری منظر ( landscape architecture ) و طراحی شهری ( urban designe ) است.
    من تقریبا تمام applyabroad رو زیر و رو کردم. با application prosses مشکلی ندارم نمی دونم کجا apply کنم که شانسم بیشتر باشه.

چرا کانادا رو توصیه نمی کنید؟
    می شه لطفا آدرس ایملتون رو بدید تا رزومه ام رو براتون میل کنم.

بازم خیلی خیلی ممنونم که کمکم می کنید.

آدرس ایمیلم که همین بغله..
    any way: sepehr_motaqed@yahoo.com

تاریخ عضویت
    Oct 2007
    ارسال‌ها

سلام
    من معماری دانشگاه تهران خوندم و الان دارم روی پایان نامم کار می کنم. می خوام برای مهر دیگه از دانشگاههای آمریکا پذیرش و به خصوص بورس بگیرم. معدلم 55/18 و بیشتر به گرایش
    Architectural Science علاقه دارم. سه تا سوال داشتم. یکی اینکه آیا امتحانGRE برای معماری لازمه؟ من برای این امتحان ثبت نام کردم ولی در اکثر سایت ها دیدم که نوشته برای دانشجوهای خارجی فقط TOEFLکافیه من نمی دونم که اگه برای این دانشگاهها نتیجه امتحان GREرو بفرستم خوبه یا بد.
    سوال دیگم راجع بهTA/ RA POSITION است. اینکه آیا برای این رشته هم باید با ارتباط برقرارکردن با استادها (مثل رشته های دیگه)عمل کرد و چه جوری میشه مطمئن شد که میشه از این موقعیت ها استفاده کرد.
    سوال آخرم راجع به PORTFOLIO است. من یه چیزهایی راجع به این موضوع میدونم ولی دقیقا نمیدونم اونها چی می خوان. مثلا یهPORTFOLIOخوب بهتره حدودا چند صفحهو چه سایزی باشه و اینکه format صفحه ها بهتره ساده باشه با به قول بعضیا قرطی باشه یا اینکه اصلا هیچ محدودیتی وجود نداره.
    ممنوم میشم راهنماییم کنید.

GRE is mandatory for all US universities, but you can find some of Canadian ones that the GRE is optional for them.
    When is your GRE exam? Are you ready for it? Good luck! Unfortunately I have missed the Iran registration and should apply for Aremina or similar.
    What is your degree right now? B.Arch or M.Arch? What is your final project about? Is it a research-based design or what?
    How about your langugae skills? You should pass the Test of Spoken English with a good score for TA.
    RA is the most appropriate kind of Fund but depends on your research background.
    Its process is like the other majors somehow.
    About the Portfolio which shows your research and design background, look for the specific university which you want to apply. There IS complete description about what they expect.
    Here is an example:

Candidates applying for the MS in Building Design program are required to submit a portfolio. The portfolio must be no larger than 8.5 x11-inch (image size). The admissions committee is interested in the quality of work submitted in the portfolio, and applicants are advised not to lavish expense on special or unusual packaging. Slides, original drawings, CDs, and loose (unbound) materials should not be submitted. The portfolio should include at least five projects with a range of complexity and with concise, explanatory statements for each project. Include the dates of execution; course, professor, or firm; objective or program summary; and most importantly, a brief self-analysis of the results. When any work is not completely original, the relevant sources must be given. When work is of a team nature, the applicant’s role and contribution to the project should be clearly indicated. Applicants who have professional experience and wish to submit examples of professional work may do so. Of particular interest are projects in which the applicant has played a principal role in design.
    The portfolio is returned after final admission procedures, provided the applicant encloses a self-addressed return mailer with sufficient prepaid postage, or if the applicant appears in person to claim the materials within one year of submission. Unclaimed portfolios are retained for only one year. The School of Architecture and Landscape Architecture assumes no liability for lost or damaged materials.

And about stylish portfolio (gherti one!) You are a graduted architect. You must have graphical skills. So, go ahead and show them waht you are.
    I hope it works.

تاریخ عضویت
    Oct 2007
    ارسال‌ها

thank you for your response and advice. my GRE examp is on 5th of bahman and I am thouroughly ready for the quantitative part, because it is very easy,however about hte other parts specialy verbal, I do not have a good feeling because it is realy hard, but I have decided to take it easy as the others do because I have heard that its result is not that much important.
    sorry that I forgot to say, my degree is BS in architecture and my project is designing a center for elderly and retired people with an special cosideration in energy conservation methods in Architectue, but the fact is that my final project will be finnished after the process of applying and thus is not very important.
    and about my language skill my TOEFL examp is in first of december and I can not precisely talk about my spoken skills .
    do you know how we can select our universities in a way which we can be sure to be accepted in some of them and to get some kind of financial aids? because there is no enough experiences about applying for architecture in Iran specially for US , selecting universities in an appropriate and reassuring way seems too hard.
    good luck.

Some of the Architecture research fields involve with an interdisciplinary approach toward some engineering fields such as Fluid Mechanics, Computer Engineering or Civil Eng.
    Here is where you can expect to receive fund. Because there is no connection between the Industry and Research for the other fields such as History and Theory of Architecture, you would better get prepared to support yourself financially if you want to select these fields as the routes of your further studies.
    There is only one supporting institute for such fields that offers scholarship opportunities within MIT and Harvard Architecture Schools.
    Try www.akdn.org and find out the case.

As it seems, you are familiar with and interested in Energy related issues in Architecture. If you do like to face this filed with an Analytical and Engineering and not Artistic Approach, US Arch. Schools will be waiting to have you as one of their full-funded M.Sc or PhD students.
    The attached file is one of my lectures regarding the described research field in the SBU and shows the differences between the Engineering and Artistic approaches.
    Within the uploaded favorite folder of above, you can find some schools which offer this course. The BEST program could be found in MIT and UC Berkeley. Michigan has also a stellar similar course.
    Let me know your exact filed of interest for better guidance.

تصاویر پیوست فایل‌های پیوست
    • نوع فایل: zip 03.zip (1.14 مگابایت, 457 views)

صفحه 1 از 6 123456 آخرینآخرین

علاقه مندی ها (Bookmarks)

علاقه مندی ها (Bookmarks)

مجوز های ارسال و ویرایش

• شما نمیتوانید موضوع جدیدی ارسال کنید
  • شما امکان ارسال پاسخ را ندارید
  • شما نمیتوانید فایل پیوست در پست خود ضمیمه کنید
  • شما نمیتوانید پست های خود را ویرایش کنید
  •