موضوع: University of Vermont

ApplyAbroad Champion

تاریخ عضویت
    Sep 2008
    رشته و دانشگاه
    Comp. Eng
    ارسال‌ها

پیش فرض University of Vermont

دوستانی که این دانشگاه اپلای کردن می تونن سوالاتشون رو اینجا مطرح کنن. من در مورد شهر Burlington مطلب مفیدی از یکی از دانشجوها پیدا کردم که اینجا می ذارم تا استفاده کنید:

I lived in Burlington for ~6yrs completing my undergrad [lost a couple of semesters for health/travel]. I LOVE it there. I moved to Boston to pursue my degree in Biotech, and had to actively not apply back to UVM for grad school. I've been gone for almost 2 years, and still haven't built the network of activities and friends in Boston that I left there. To address your questions:
    1- School never shuts down. Maybe if there is a colossal storm [once per winter], but mainly it is understood that you live in the far north and snow is something you deal with. That said, a lot of teachers also understand that if there has been a huge storm, classes might be empty because kids are at the mountain.
    2- The straight walk down the hill is ~10min. There is the free College St shuttle that runs up and down the hill [crucial for early classes and inclement weather], plus your UVM ID let's you ride all the public transportation for free. This is awesome when you live in the North End and don't feel like hiking the 1.5miles to class lugging all your books and laptop etc.
    3- Facilities are mostly good. They just completed a huge new student center upon my graduation, so I don't know about it other than it looks beautiful. Gym is rated high but can be kind of night-clubby - if you have a car there is a Planet Fitness about 10-15min away. Main library first floor is a social scene, but head on up to 2nd and 3rd for actual studying. If you head over to the Dana Medical Library, that place is the serious one. Plus it's brand new and gorgeous.
    4- Bars close at 2am every night. The main part of downtown, Church St, is the only place to go really. You can walk there and home. All of your friends will be there. There are probably 25 bars in 6 sqr blocks, everything from dancing to jambands to pubs, or some fantastic restuarants. Burlington is small enough that if you want to become a regular somewhere it won't take much, but big enough that you can go to a different bar and see an entire group of people you didn't know existed. And like any college town, although the bars close at 2 there are plenty of house parties/late night activities depending on who your friends are.
    5- There isn't anywhere in Burlington you "can't" go, but there are more desirable places to reside than others. The student ghetto - bordered between North Winooski Pearl North Willard and North St should be avoided for renting: the units there have long been subject to undergrad molestation. The Old North End isn't the greatest for people/commerce, but it is cheap rent and no one will bother if you if you don't look like a target. South of Main St is very nice, lots of families and Champlain kids, nice apartments [sometimes insanely cheap], quiet at night, still close to downtown etc. Winooski is also an option for cheap cheap rent, but bear in mind it is a pain to return to after drinking downtown. Avoid South Burlington like the plague - it is a wasteland of stripmalls and condo developments. Finding an awesome place will take a year, as most of the really cool apartments get handed down between friends [or you might get lucky], but there really isn't anywhere you won't be able to make work for you. I always lived closer to the North End or on the south side of Main, never had any problems and found that it let me go to campus and do my thing, then come home and have access to downtown. Don't live on Trinity campus, no matter how they sell it, it has no positive positions in a debate.

Senior Member civil2015 آواتار ها
    تاریخ عضویت
    Mar 2011
    رشته و دانشگاه
    Civil Engineering
    ارسال‌ها

پیش فرض پاسخ : university of vermont

از طریق نامه خبر دادن. نامه امروز رسید I-20 هم باهاش بود..

تاریخ عضویت
    Jul 2010
    ارسال‌ها

من پذیرش با partial fund گرفتم که شامل half-time TA میشه. رشته من مهندسی برق قدرت. اگه سالی بود در خدمتم. رشته آشنای شما چیه؟
    من هنوز I-20 م آماده نشده و کم کم دارم نگران میشم که وقت کم بیارم!

تاریخ عضویت
    Jan 2009
    رشته و دانشگاه
    chemical engineer
    ارسال‌ها

نقل قول نوشته اصلی توسط pooyamour نمایش پست ها
    من پذیرش با partial fund گرفتم که شامل half-time TA میشه. رشته من مهندسی برق قدرت. اگه سالی بود در خدمتم. رشته آشنای شما چیه؟
    من هنوز I-20 م آماده نشده و کم کم دارم نگران میشم که وقت کم بیارم!
    برادر من دانشجوي دكتري برق قدرت در ورمونت هست پارسال دقيقا همين موقع I-20گرفت و يادمه كه فول فاند هم بود (فكر كنم اولش Partial بود) ولي فكر كنم بهتره كه با دانشگاه و استادتون مكاتبه كنيد كه زودتر بفرستن. موفق باشيد.

پیش فرض پاسخ : University of Vermont

نه من میخوام برای این دانشگاه اپلای کنم
    میخواستم بپرسم وضعیت مالی این دانشگاه چه جوریه و این دانشگاه چه جوریه از لحاظ تحصیلی و اینکه ایرانیا چقدر اونجا میرن
    don't forget to smile

تاریخ عضویت
    Sep 2010
    ارسال‌ها

وضعیت مالی که بیشتر به استادتون بستگی داره ، برا بهار 2013 یه دانشجو ایرانی برا کامپیوتر با فاند کامل آمده ولی اینجا کلا ایرانی کمه.

ApplyAbroad Veteran
    hamman آواتار ها
    تاریخ عضویت
    Mar 2010
    رشته و دانشگاه
    Structural Engineering AmirKabir
    ارسال‌ها

وضعیت دپارتمان عمران واسه فاند رو اطلاع ندارید؟
    اگر هیچ وقت شکست نخورده‌اید، بدانید که به اندازه کافی تلاش نکرده‌اید.
    (کپی امضائ بابک)

تاریخ عضویت
    Dec 2012
    رشته و دانشگاه
    Earthquake Engineering-University of Tehran
    ارسال‌ها

اطلاعی از بچه های ایرانی که تو این دانشگاه تحصیل می کنن ندارین؟

ApplyAbroad Hero emeliano آواتار ها
    تاریخ عضویت
    Apr 2009
    ارسال‌ها

یه اسکرین شات از رتبه این دانشگاه در رشته های مهندسی از سایت USNEWS. (از اکانت پریمیوم استفاده کردم. توضیح اینکه: بدون داشتن اکانت پریمیوم قادر به دیدن این رتبه ها نخواهید بود)
    تصاویر پیوست تصاویر پیوست

سلام دوستان
    کسی هست که اخیرا این دانشگاه پذیرش گرفته باشه؟
    برایه ترم بهار یا زمستان هم پذیرش میدن؟

صفحه 1 از 2 12 آخرینآخرین

موضوعات مشابه

1. IUPUI: Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis
    توسط mohsen_ja در انجمن Indiana
    پاسخ: 44
    آخرين نوشته: August 10th, 2019, 11:56 PM

علاقه مندی ها (Bookmarks)