صفحه 203 از 1371 نخستنخست ... 1031531931941951961971981992002012022032042052062072082092102112122132533037031203 ... آخرینآخرین
نمایش نتایج: از شماره 2,021 تا 2,030 , از مجموع 13709

موضوع: نظرسنجی در مورد ایمیل های دریافتی از اساتید

تاریخ عضویت
    Aug 2010
    رشته و دانشگاه
    Mechanical Engineering
    ارسال‌ها

پیش فرض پاسخ : جواب این ایمیل استاد را چه باید داد؟ نظر شما در مورد این ایمیل چیست؟

من هفته گذشته به استادي ايميل دادم گفت بايد باهام مصاحبه كنه. مصاحبه كرد و بعد گفت كه transcripts رابفرست. من يه جاي خالي و چند تا متقاضي دارم. اگه انتخاب شدي باهات تماس مي گيرم.
    حالا مي خوام كارنامه را بفرستم و مي خوام بپرسم كي معلوم ميكنه تكليف ما رو. حالا به نظرتون چي جوري بايد بگم؟

Junior Member Samnic آواتار ها
    تاریخ عضویت
    May 2009
    ارسال‌ها

پیش فرض پاسخ : جواب این ایمیل استاد را چه باید داد؟ نظر شما در مورد این ایمیل چیست؟

ایمیلی به یکی ازاساتید در استرالیا زدم که خیلی طولانی جوابمو داده نمی دونم چی جوابشو بدم.

Dear Applicant,

Thank you very much for your email. Please carefully read through this email. If thereafter you are still interested in doing a PhD or MPhil with me, please send me the information requested below (even if you have already done so). Following this, I ensure you that I will personally consider your application.

Scholarships from the xxx
    -----------------------------------------
    xxx University and xxx have an organized program of scholarships for PhD students (both administered by the xxx). However, scholarships for non-residents of Australia are very difficult to get, and you would typically need a couple of relevant and high quality publications in the area already, or excellent results from a top university Masters degree. If you are bringing your own scholarship from your institution and are seeking admission only, standards are somewhat lower.

How to figure out whether you should do a PhD with me and my group
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    I expect you to have a thorough look at my website to see whether your interests and background have a clear overlap with my ongoing research.

Generally, I'm looking for candidates who are or would like to become deep visionary thinkers with strong mathematical skills and a passion for science, mathematics, philosophy, and artificial intelligence. I also expect you to be able to work creatively, independently, and take initiatives if suitable. Whatever your degree, you should have completed at least 5 university-level math courses (e.g. algebra, analysis, numerics, statistics, discrete
    math) with excellent grades.

If this is the case, you should then read some of my publications to see whether you feel comfortable working on some of these topics.

Your PhD does not need to be purely theoretical/mathematical. It could be more implementational or philosophical, but in any case, you need to understand the underlying theoretical concepts.

Recommended reading
    -------------------
    Most of my papers are very technical, but you can find some 'Generally Accessible Papers' at
    link to page

Writing a project proposal
    --------------------------
    For the official application, you need to write a brief project proposal. It can broad or very focussed. In any case, it is important that your proposal convinces the committee that you understand what you're writing about and that you can make a significant contribution to the topic. e.g. maybe you already got some ideas while reading the material above. Note - there is sufficient flexibility, so the topic can be changed later.

How to find a (different) supervisor
    ------------------------------------
    If you are looking for a (different) supervisor, please go to the xxx College of Engineering and Computer Science (CECS) website page:

link to page

At this website you will find links to our many PhD projects, research groups, and potential supervisors.

Deadlines
    ---------
    Closing Dates for
    - International PhD students: 31 August
    - Australian PhD students: 31 October
    but the xxx also accepts interim applications, often sifted in June.

Pre-application / How to reply
    ------------------------------
    In order to be able to accept you as a student or answer related questions, I need the following material in advance of the official submission deadline (1MB max).

(i) detailed curriculum vitae
    (ii) academic transcript
    (iii) two or three references (if available)
    (iv) a letter of interest (1-2 pages)
    (v) links to publications and/or theses
    (vi) other relevant material is welcome, e.g. a project proposal.

Please put "PhD Candidate <The-Name-of-Our-College>" or "MPhil Candidate <The-Name-of-Our-College>" in the subject line of your email, otherwise you will receive the same auto-reply again.

Further information
    -------------------

describes the formal application process.

will give specific advice for International students applying for a research degree and provides a link to the International Postgraduate Research Program and/or Scholarship application form.

If you have further questions about the formal application/admission process, please do not hesitate to my mobile

Kind Regards

xxx
    The world says: Your wish is my command

تاریخ عضویت
    Aug 2009
    رشته و دانشگاه
    Ph.D., Materials Engineering, Sharif University of Technology
    ارسال‌ها

نقل قول نوشته اصلی توسط mojaddami نمایش پست ها
    سلام

این جواب رو چطور ارزیابی میکنید؟ منظورشون از Serious consideration چیه؟ در ادامه بهتره چی بپرسم؟

Dear

Thank you for your interest. Please consult our web page for application procedures. Your application will be reviewed by the Graduate Admission Committee. If your application is approved by the committee, I will give you serious consideration.

پیشاپیش ممنون از راهنمایی هاتون
    سلام به همه ،
    در ادامه از این استاد 3 سوال کردم:

1) RA/TA دارید؟
    TA is automatic once you are admitted. There will be sufficient funds for you to cover your housing and food etc.

2) عضو Graduate Admission Committee هستید یا میتونید کسی رو suggest کنید؟
    I am not.

3) با توجه به تجربه تون آیا رزومه من اینقدر قوی هست که از Graduate Admission Committee پذیرش بگیرم؟
    I think you have good credentials although I have not been on this committee for a while.

به نظرتون رو این استاد چقدر میشه حساب کرد؟ آیا این ارتباط رو میشه ادامه داد؟ چجوری؟ اگه بگم برای رسیدن به Background لازم برای کار در تیم شما منابعی بهم معرفی کنید برای مطالعه، بد میشه؟ (نمیدونم؛ میگم شاید بگه بذار اول قبولت کنم بعدا بیفت دنبال این کارا !)

پیشاپیش ممنون از راهنماییهاتون

سلام به همه دوستان: یه سوال دارم.: به نظر شما معنی این ایمیل چیه و چقدر روش حساب باز کنم.
    از همتون ممنونم:

Thank you for your interest in our research at the University of Oregon, and potentially working with our group during graduate school. I’ve recently accepted a faculty position at Arizona State University, which has a very strong program, as well as an emphasis on prevention science. Please consider ASU as a option for your graduate training, as I will be accepting students for the 2011 – 2012. Best wishes for you in the application process!

Junior Member Samnic آواتار ها
    تاریخ عضویت
    May 2009
    ارسال‌ها

نقل قول نوشته اصلی توسط apourkashy نمایش پست ها
    سلام به همه دوستان: یه سوال دارم.: به نظر شما معنی این ایمیل چیه و چقدر روش حساب باز کنم.
    از همتون ممنونم:

Thank you for your interest in our research at the University of Oregon, and potentially working with our group during graduate school. I’ve recently accepted a faculty position at Arizona State University, which has a very strong program, as well as an emphasis on prevention science. Please consider ASU as a option for your graduate training, as I will be accepting students for the 2011 – 2012. Best wishes for you in the application process!
    ظاهرا شما در با استادی در دانشگاه اورگان تماس گرفتین که در دانشگاه ایالتی آریزونا مهمان است. ایشون میگن شما برای دانشگاه ایالتی آریزونا اپلای کنید که برای سال تحصیلی 11-12 دانشجو میگیرم موفق باشید
    The world says: Your wish is my command

تاریخ عضویت
    Oct 2010
    ارسال‌ها

استاد در جواب اینکه فاند داره یا نه اینو جواب داد:
    I do not have funding right now to commit. You need to apply first and be admitted. If admitted, you may get financial aid for your first year
    مدارک بفرستم؟ خیلی دو پهلو نیست؟

Member Nima_87 آواتار ها
    تاریخ عضویت
    Oct 2009
    رشته و دانشگاه
    Mechanical Engineering
    ارسال‌ها

نقل قول نوشته اصلی توسط hoot نمایش پست ها
    استاد در جواب اینکه فاند داره یا نه اینو جواب داد:
    I do not have funding right now to commit. You need to apply first and be admitted. If admitted, you may get financial aid for your first year
    مدارک بفرستم؟ خیلی دو پهلو نیست؟
    سلام،

دوست خوبم جوابشون کاملا" واضحه. خودشون فاند ندارن، اما می گن اپلای کنید شاید فاند گرفتید. به 2 تا نکته توجه کنید!! اول اینکه همیشه احتمال اینکه بدون جواب گرفتن از استاد هم بشه فاند گرفت وجود داره. دوم اینکه خیلی خیلی بعیده که یه استاد به شما بگه اپلای نکنید! حتی اگر فاند هم نداشته باشه، به دلایلی که بارها توی همین تاپیک گفتم باز هم شما رو به اپلای تشویق می کنه. پیروز باشید.
    The best way to predict the future is to invent it

Member Nima_87 آواتار ها
    تاریخ عضویت
    Oct 2009
    رشته و دانشگاه
    Mechanical Engineering
    ارسال‌ها

نقل قول نوشته اصلی توسط mojaddami نمایش پست ها
    سلام به همه ،
    در ادامه از این استاد 3 سوال کردم:

1) RA/TA دارید؟
    TA is automatic once you are admitted. There will be sufficient funds for you to cover your housing and food etc.

2) عضو Graduate Admission Committee هستید یا میتونید کسی رو suggest کنید؟
    I am not.

3) با توجه به تجربه تون آیا رزومه من اینقدر قوی هست که از Graduate Admission Committee پذیرش بگیرم؟
    I think you have good credentials although I have not been on this committee for a while.

به نظرتون رو این استاد چقدر میشه حساب کرد؟ آیا این ارتباط رو میشه ادامه داد؟ چجوری؟ اگه بگم برای رسیدن به Background لازم برای کار در تیم شما منابعی بهم معرفی کنید برای مطالعه، بد میشه؟ (نمیدونم؛ میگم شاید بگه بذار اول قبولت کنم بعدا بیفت دنبال این کارا !)

پیشاپیش ممنون از راهنماییهاتون
    سلام،

دوست خوبم، طبق گفته های ایشون قبل از اینکه ادمیت بشید ایشون اپلیکیشن شما رو بطور جدی به عنوان یک candidate در نظر نمی گیرن. بعید می دونم در ادامه هم جوابی بهتر از این به شما بدن، مگر اینکه اول ادمیت بشید بعد ایمیل بزنید.
    نه بد که نمیشه، اما در این مورد تاثیرش خنثی هست.
    موفق باشید!

Member Nima_87 آواتار ها
    تاریخ عضویت
    Oct 2009
    رشته و دانشگاه
    Mechanical Engineering
    ارسال‌ها

نقل قول نوشته اصلی توسط Samnic نمایش پست ها
    ایمیلی به یکی ازاساتید در استرالیا زدم که خیلی طولانی جوابمو داده نمی دونم چی جوابشو بدم.
    ایشون واقعا" تمپلیت کامل و جامعی فراهم کردن. اگر علاقه مند به اپلای هستید، به دقت بخونید و مطابق دستورالعملشون ادامه بدید. پیروز باشید.

تاریخ عضویت
    Oct 2009
    ارسال‌ها

اولا خیلی ممنون از Nima_87 که جواب میدن
    اینارو هم یه نگاه بکنین همه عین هم جواب میدن خدارو شکر
    اولی
    I am impressed with your email and research interests overlap well with my group. Therefore, I encourage you to apply to UVic and to list me as your proposed supervisor.
    دومی
    Your CV is very nice. Please apply to Carleton University and list me as your proposed supervisor. Once your file has passed the admission's office and I should be able to get your file. I will talk to you then.
    مرسی

علاقه مندی ها (Bookmarks)

علاقه مندی ها (Bookmarks)

مجوز های ارسال و ویرایش

• شما نمیتوانید موضوع جدیدی ارسال کنید
  • شما امکان ارسال پاسخ را ندارید
  • شما نمیتوانید فایل پیوست در پست خود ضمیمه کنید
  • شما نمیتوانید پست های خود را ویرایش کنید
  •