نمایش نتایج: از شماره 1 تا 3 , از مجموع 3

موضوع: GRE departement code for ECE department

تاریخ عضویت
    Oct 2007
    ارسال‌ها

پیش فرض GRE departement code for ECE department

What is the Electrical and Computer department code for GRE (for sending the records)? by the way, should I take GRE general exam?
    which of the following applies?

Engineering -- Electrical and Electronics - Electrical & Electronics Engineering -- Other 1299 Select
    Engineering -- Electrical and Electronics - Electrical Engineering 1203 Select
    Engineering -- Electrical and Electronics - Electronics Engineering 1204 Select
    Other Fields - Not Listed 5199 Select
    Engineering -- Electrical and Electronics - Computer Engineering 1201

تاریخ عضویت
    Feb 2010
    ارسال‌ها

پیش فرض پاسخ : GRE departement code for ECE department

نقل قول نوشته اصلی توسط arman2 نمایش پست ها
    What is the Electrical and Computer department code for GRE (for sending the records)? by the way, should I take GRE general exam?
    which of the following applies?

Engineering -- Electrical and Electronics - Electrical & Electronics Engineering -- Other 1299 Select
    Engineering -- Electrical and Electronics - Electrical Engineering 1203 Select
    Engineering -- Electrical and Electronics - Electronics Engineering 1204 Select
    Other Fields - Not Listed 5199 Select
    Engineering -- Electrical and Electronics - Computer Engineering 1201
    دوستان سلام
    من هم همین مشکل رو دارم و میخوام برای یک سری از دانشگاه ها که نوشتن GRE recommended نمره رو ارسال کنم. در سایت دانشگاه اطلاعاتی در مورد ارسال نمره مثلا کد دانشگاه یا کد دپارتمان بصورت مستقیم پیدا نکردم.
    مثلا اگر بخوام نمره رو برای دانشگاه Toronto بفرستم برای رشته Electrical and Computer Engineering - PhD کدام یک از کد های بالا رو باید برای دپارتمان انتخاب کنم. کد دانشگاه تورنتو 0982 هستش. برای دپارتمان 1299 یا 1203 یا 1204 کدوم یکی رو باید بنویسم؟

این کد ها رو برای 4 تا report اولیه امتحان GRE General میخوام که از طریق سازمان سنجش ثبت نام کردم.

میشه لطفا راهنمایی کنید.
    ممنونم

INGWAY

پیش فرض پاسخ : GRE departement code for ECE department

from what I know, you don't really need ANY specification for GRE (or even TOEFL) in "ECE"
    you only need "Institution Code", but:

usually each university has a "bargh" department, which has different (internet address) names such as: ee, ece, eecs ... and on the website there's a "prospective students" section and from there "requirements" tells you about test scores and ..., usually in these places you can find "departmental code" required for GRE and in ALL cases it is "1203" ( Electrical and Electronics - Electrical Engineering) , surprisingly and without exception!, I have never encountered 1204 or ...,

having said that I should emphasize again many universities do not state the need for a "departmental code" and I suppose even if they mention 1203, it's not required!

ee.stanford has the best answer among all universities I have encountered:

Q: Do I have my test scores sent to the EE department directly or to Stanford?
    A: Please have all test scores sent directly to Stanford by ETS. Stanford's school code is 4704. You do not need to indicate a department code. The scores will be electronically routed to the EE department. If you input a department code, do not worry, the scores will still be sent to us.

the reason for this is that I think they (all universities I have seen!) have a special search system, which admission office of each department can search it for the name of applicants, like Google, and they can find your score with your name, no matter what department you are applying for.

Actually if you think a little you appreciate the straightforwardness of this procedure, as the saying has it: SCORES ALWAYS GO WHERE THEY SHOULD GO!

therefore you can enter 1203 for every single university for confidence of mind but you don't really need it and you can enter 0000 or search their websites like I said!

BUT IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT THAT YOUR NAME AND DATE OF BIRTH BE ALWAYS THE SAME, ON APPLICATION FORMS, TEST REGISTRATION FORMS AND EVERYWHERE ELSE DURING YOUR APPLICATION PROCESS THAT YOU ENTER THESE INFORMATION, AFTER ALL HOW CAN THEY FIND YOU IF YOUR NAME CHANGES FROM PLACE TO PLACE!

SO TRY TO USE A CONSISTENT SPELLING OF YOUR NAME IN ENGLISH ESPECIALLY THOSE WITH "AJAGH-VAJAGH" NAMES IN PERSIAN.

that's all!

موضوعات مشابه

1. PhD research fellowship position at Department of Electric Power Eng.,NTNU,Norway
    توسط nima56 در انجمن موقعیت‌های خالی در رشته برق و کامپیوتر
    پاسخ: 0
    آخرين نوشته: March 28th, 2010, 06:03 PM

علاقه مندی ها (Bookmarks)

علاقه مندی ها (Bookmarks)

مجوز های ارسال و ویرایش

• شما نمیتوانید موضوع جدیدی ارسال کنید
  • شما امکان ارسال پاسخ را ندارید
  • شما نمیتوانید فایل پیوست در پست خود ضمیمه کنید
  • شما نمیتوانید پست های خود را ویرایش کنید
  •