sabz1983 آواتار ها
    تاریخ عضویت
    Sep 2009
    رشته و دانشگاه
    Rutgers
    ارسال‌ها

پیش فرض پاسخ : حجاب در دانشگاه های امریکا

Thanks (If the congrats was addressed to me!!) l
    I have to disagree here though... You have to distinguish being popular and being restricted to work and live in the US. Muslims, in general, are not the most favorite minority in the US but it does not mean that they're not an accepted and free population. One of my friends study in Princeton, another friend is a TA in Rutgers. They wear hijab and work just like anybody else. An American, too, can be popular or unpopular but nobody has the right to disturb or discriminate based on your religion, color or ethnicity. These things are very seriously observed and enforced by law.

Another thing to keep in mind is that we go abroad to study, and potentially work and live. I've seen many people living here for decades and they are still Iranian (or as they say: Persian!) As some people are Indian or Chinese or Swedish, and they all stay that way throughout their entire lives. I know that for people who have lived under oppression and ignorance of the governors in Iran for centuries, it's impossible to develop such an attitude but people in the US have magically learned to live together. We all like or dislike certain types of people, not everyone has to like you but all are obliged to respect your school of faith. The interesting thing is that you don't see this attitude among non-Iranian Muslims. I have American, Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Egyptian and Moroccan friends. They wear hijab with confidence and ease but Iranians tend to worry all the time whether others will like it or not! Sometimes the lady would like to wear hijab but removes it only to go with the stream. Believe me, the stream does include Muslim women too! I'm sorry to say that in my opinion, Iranians are more likely to disrespect and ridicule you if you wear Hijab than the native Americans even in the US.

Just be confident in yourself and don't forget to respect other people's points of view, as you expect them to do the same
    ویرایش توسط sabz1983 : November 29th, 2010 در ساعت 05:47 AM
    لا حول و لا قوه الا بالله

علاقه مندی ها (Bookmarks)

علاقه مندی ها (Bookmarks)

مجوز های ارسال و ویرایش

• شما نمیتوانید موضوع جدیدی ارسال کنید
  • شما امکان ارسال پاسخ را ندارید
  • شما نمیتوانید فایل پیوست در پست خود ضمیمه کنید
  • شما نمیتوانید پست های خود را ویرایش کنید
  •