صفحه 22 از 23 نخستنخست ... 121314151617181920212223 آخرینآخرین
نمایش نتایج: از شماره 211 تا 220 , از مجموع 223

موضوع: رفع اشکال GRE Verbal

پیش فرض پاسخ : رفع اشکال GRE Verbal

سلام دوستان این یه قسمت از متن ریدینگ power prep هست که با یکی از سوالات inference گذاشتم اینجا ...میشه به من بگید جواب این سوال رو چطور باید infer کنیم؟

Bond hypothesized that the alternating cycles might be evidence of changes in ocean-water circulation and therefore in Earth’s climate. He knew that the sources of the red-stained grains were generally closer to the North Pole than were the places yielding a high proportion of “clean” grains. At certain times, apparently, more icebergs from the Arctic Ocean in the far north were traveling south well into the North Atlantic before melting and shedding their sediment.

ترجمش این میشه:
    Bone میدونسته که منبع red sediment نزدیک به قطب شمال بوده. در زمان های مشخصی Ice berg های بیشتری از Arctic Ocean (که همون north میشه) به سمت south حرکت میکنه و میریزه به North Atlantic ...
    حالا پرسیده که Bone بر اساس چه شرایطی و چطوری فرض کرده که red sediment به سمت جنوب میره؟
    14. According to the passage, Bond hypothesized that which of the following circumstances would allow red-stained sediment grains to reach more southerly latitudes?

A. Warm waters being pulled northward from the Gulf Stream
    B. Climatic conditions causing icebergs to melt relatively quickly
    C. Icebergs containing a higher proportion of iron oxide than usual
    D. The formation of more icebergs than usual in the far north
    E. The presence of cold surface waters in the North Atlantic

جواب میشه گزینه E ....سوال من اینه که Cold surface water رو باید از همون حرکت ice berg بفهمیم؟

تاریخ عضویت
    Jun 2012
    ارسال‌ها

نقل قول نوشته اصلی توسط Brainy نمایش پست ها
    سلام دوستان این یه قسمت از متن ریدینگ power prep هست که با یکی از سوالات inference گذاشتم اینجا ...میشه به من بگید جواب این سوال رو چطور باید infer کنیم؟

Bond hypothesized that the alternating cycles might be evidence of changes in ocean-water circulation and therefore in Earth’s climate. He knew that the sources of the red-stained grains were generally closer to the North Pole than were the places yielding a high proportion of “clean” grains. At certain times, apparently, more icebergs from the Arctic Ocean in the far north were traveling south well into the North Atlantic before melting and shedding their sediment.

ترجمش این میشه:
    Bone میدونسته که منبع red sediment نزدیک به قطب شمال بوده. در زمان های مشخصی Ice berg های بیشتری از Arctic Ocean (که همون north میشه) به سمت south حرکت میکنه و میریزه به North Atlantic ...
    حالا پرسیده که Bone بر اساس چه شرایطی و چطوری فرض کرده که red sediment به سمت جنوب میره؟
    14. According to the passage, Bond hypothesized that which of the following circumstances would allow red-stained sediment grains to reach more southerly latitudes?

A. Warm waters being pulled northward from the Gulf Stream
    B. Climatic conditions causing icebergs to melt relatively quickly
    C. Icebergs containing a higher proportion of iron oxide than usual
    D. The formation of more icebergs than usual in the far north
    E. The presence of cold surface waters in the North Atlantic

جواب میشه گزینه E ....سوال من اینه که Cold surface water رو باید از همون حرکت ice berg بفهمیم؟
    سلام دوست عزیز, من چند روز پیش این تست رو زدم و هنوز خوب یادمه.
    خیر, باید دقیقا از جمله و جملات مربوطش بفهمید. پاراگرافی که گذاشتید کامل نیست, یادمه بعدش یا قبلش به موضوع tempraeture اشاره کرده که استنتاجش میشد همچنین سردی بیشتر آب بر پیشروی نیز تاثیر خواهد گذاشت.
    چون فرصت ادیت بود گفتم سرچ کنم, ایناها
    But sometimes the ocean’s dynamic changes, and waters from the Gulf Stream do not travel northward in this way. During these periods, surface waters in the North Atlantic would generally be colder, permitting icebergs bearing red-stained grains to travel farther south in the North Atlantic before melting and depositing their sediment

Until quite recently research on diabetes had, as a kind of holding action, attempted to refine the

____ of the disease, primarily because no preventive strategy seemed at all likely to be ____.
    Blank (i) Blank (ii)
    A comprehension D necessary
    B treatment E costly
    C symptoms F practicable

The answer is said to be BF, while I think CF is more reasonable.
    Can treatment of a disease be refined or its symptoms?
    P.S. As a biomedical science student, I am professionally familiar with medicine context and I don’t really understand why C is preferred!!!!

تاریخ عضویت
    Aug 2016
    ارسال‌ها

Until quite recently research on diabetes had, as a kind of holding action, attempted to refine the

____ of the disease, primarily because no preventive strategy seemed at all likely to be ____.
    Blank (i) Blank (ii)
    A comprehension D necessary
    B treatment E costly
    C symptoms F practicable

The answer is said to be BF, while I think CF is more reasonable.
    Can treatment of a disease be refined or its symptoms?
    P.S. As a biomedical science student, I am professionally familiar with medicine context and I don’t really understand why C is preferred!!!!
    By the part "primarily because no preventive strategy seemed at all likely to be" it can be inferred that prevention has been failed so we face a disease that needs to be treated! and symptoms here has nothing to do with preventive strategy

I don’t get it

Conceptually, it is hard to reconcile a defense attorney's ____ to ensure that false testimony is not
    knowingly put forward with the attorney's mandate to mount the most ____ defense conceivable for the client.

Blank (i)
    A inability
    B promises
    C duty

Bank (ii)
    D cautious
    E powerful
    F diversified

ApplyAbroad Veteran
    kasra-dan آواتار ها
    تاریخ عضویت
    Jul 2010
    رشته و دانشگاه
    Marketing @ BI
    ارسال‌ها

I don’t get it

Conceptually, it is hard to reconcile a defense attorney's ____ to ensure that false testimony is not
    knowingly put forward with the attorney's mandate to mount the most ____ defense conceivable for the client.

Blank (i)
    A inability
    B promises
    C duty

Bank (ii)
    D cautious
    E powerful
    F diversified

Is the answer ==> A and E?
    Galaxy Lights, Solar Echoes and Dark Matters Calling Us to Sth Bigger

John Oliver Explains Everything That is Wrong With Standardized Testing

تاریخ عضویت
    Oct 2016
    رشته و دانشگاه
    UCLA: BA, Business Economics | Harvard: JD, Law
    ارسال‌ها

نقل قول نوشته اصلی توسط kasra-dan نمایش پست ها
    Is the answer ==> A and E?
    C & E

A defense attorney (as an officer of the court) is legally obligated to prevent submission of false testimony, including testimony that may be helpful to his client (albeit false). This obligation may seem, on its face, to contradict the defense attorney's duty to the client, i.e., the duty to mount the best possible defense. This conflict of interest (the client's and the court's) is well acknowledged, and resolved by putting the attorney's duty to the court above his duty to his client (hence the text framing the issue as “conceptual”).

ApplyAbroad Veteran
    kasra-dan آواتار ها
    تاریخ عضویت
    Jul 2010
    رشته و دانشگاه
    Marketing @ BI
    ارسال‌ها

نقل قول نوشته اصلی توسط jd13 نمایش پست ها
    C & E

A defense attorney (as an officer of the court) is legally obligated to prevent submission of false testimony, including testimony that may be helpful to his client (albeit false). This obligation may seem, on its face, to contradict the defense attorney's duty to the client, i.e., the duty to mount the best possible defense. This conflict of interest (the client's and the court's) is well acknowledged, and resolved by putting the attorney's duty to the court above his duty to his client (hence the text framing the issue as “conceptual”).
    Your analysis is accurate. I got the first part wrong because I had a different meaning of reconcile in mind which sounded like :

It is hard to forgive(make peace with) an attorney who lacks the ability to ensure false information is not put forward, which (in a bigger picture) is compatible with his duty to make the best case for her client

But reconcile means make compatible and that changes everything
    Galaxy Lights, Solar Echoes and Dark Matters Calling Us to Sth Bigger

John Oliver Explains Everything That is Wrong With Standardized Testing

According to last paragraph of if wind exists, the will be changes in moist and heat transfer rate; therefore, the answer of question could be A and C. I don't know why the only correct option is A....would u please explain?

The transfer of heat and water vapor from the ocean
    to the air above it depends on a disequilibrium at the
    interface of the water and the air. Within about a
    Line millimeter of the water, air temperature is close to that of
    the surface water, and the air is nearly saturated with
    water vapor. But the differences, however small, are
    crucial, and the disequilibrium is maintained by air near
    the surface mixing with air higher up, which is typically
    appreciably cooler and lower in water-vapor content.
    The air is mixed by means of turbulence that depends
    on the wind for its energy. As wind speed increases, so
    does turbulence, and thus the rate of heat and moisture
    transfer. Detailed understanding of this phenomenon
    awaits further study

According to the passage, wind over the ocean
    generally does which of the following?
    □ A Causes relatively cool, dry air to come into proximity
    with the ocean surface.
    □ B Maintains a steady rate of heat and moisture
    transfer between the ocean and the air.
    □ C Causes frequent changes in the temperature of
    the water at the ocean‘s surface.

تاریخ عضویت
    Apr 2015
    رشته و دانشگاه
    Uni of Guilan
    ارسال‌ها

دوستان عزیز سلام
    من بیشتر از همه با سوال های multiple choice توی reading comprehension مشکل دارم. کسی استراتژی بلده برای این قسمت مارو راهنمایی کنه؟
    تعادل برای گوجه است، تو این مسیر باید فریک باشی!
    <دوستان دانشگاه گیلانی: اگر در روند پست مدارک از دانشگاه مشکل دارید بهم پیغام بدین
    >

علاقه مندی ها (Bookmarks)

علاقه مندی ها (Bookmarks)

مجوز های ارسال و ویرایش

• شما نمیتوانید موضوع جدیدی ارسال کنید
  • شما امکان ارسال پاسخ را ندارید
  • شما نمیتوانید فایل پیوست در پست خود ضمیمه کنید
  • شما نمیتوانید پست های خود را ویرایش کنید
  •