صفحه 1 از 27 1234567891011 ... آخرینآخرین
نمایش نتایج: از شماره 1 تا 10 , از مجموع 261

موضوع: كساني كه نمره verbal بالاي 150 گرفته اند، لطفا پاسخ دهند!!

تاریخ عضویت
    Aug 2008
    ارسال‌ها

پیش فرض كساني كه نمره verbal بالاي 150 گرفته اند، لطفا پاسخ دهند!!

با سلام
    از دوستاني كه نمره verbal اونها بالاي 400 شده خواهش ميكنم كه من و ساير دوستان رو راهنمايي كنند و بگن چطور ميشه نمره بالا توي verbal گرفت؟ روشهايي كه با اونها تونستن تو اين بخش GRE موفق بشن رو با ما در ميون بذارن(منظورم حفظ لغات يا چيزاي ديگه). از منابع و مدت زماني كه وقت گذاشتن بگن.
    نمره هاتون رو لطفا بذاريد.
    با تشكر

ApplyAbroad Superstar Countdown آواتار ها
    تاریخ عضویت
    Apr 2008
    رشته و دانشگاه
    Mechanical-Georgia Inst. of Technology
    ارسال‌ها

پیش فرض پاسخ : كساني كه نمره verbal بالاي 400 گرفتن، لطفا جواب بدهند!

سلام

من بارونز رو خوندم
    بدلیل حجم کلمات زیادش و شباهت ها و پیچیدگی هاش بطور چند لایه (پوششی وبصورت دفعات بصورت Intertemporal) سعی کردم لغات رو ببینم- حفظ کنم و سپس به جمع لغات ادراکی یا cognitive اضافه کنم
    وقتی یه لغت ادراکی شد دیگه با دیدنش نیاز به فشار به حافظه واسه یادآوری معنیش نیست بلکه خودش تو ذهن میاد
    لغات با تکرار زیاد ادراکی میشند- مثلا کلمه system اینقدر واسه ما تکراری شده تو فارسی که وقتی میبینیمش دیگه نیاز به تعمق برای یادآوری اون نیست- اگرچه نتونیم سریع حتی معنیش رو بگیم تو فارسی-اما دیگه درک شده که سیستم چی هست
    بهرحال معتقدم که من وربال رو خراب کردم ولی دیگه چاره ای نبود این نمره

تاریخ عضویت
    Aug 2008
    ارسال‌ها

اين تكنيكي كه گفتين رو من زياد نفهميدم چي به چي بود اگه جواب ميده به ما هم بگيد.
    راستي نمره تون رو من نديدم!
    يه سوال ديگه : اين روش flash cards چه جوريه؟ به نظر شما جواب ميده؟
    دوستان ديگه هم لطفا جواب بدن.
    ممنون

ApplyAbroad Hero Sadra آواتار ها
    تاریخ عضویت
    Apr 2007
    رشته و دانشگاه
    EE Alabama Huntsville
    ارسال‌ها

نقل قول:

نقل قول نوشته اصلی توسط RaminR
    من هفته ی پیش در dubai امتحان CBT دادم:
    Q: 800
    V: 720
    AW: not yet determined
    راستشو بخواین من پایه ی زبانم نسبتاً قوی بود چون 8 سال در آمریکا زندگی کرده ام (در کودکی). من با 1100 شروع کردم و به همه این کتاب رو توصیه میکنم. بعد از اون یک wordlist خوندم که تقریباً 900 لغت داشت و در نهایت Barron's رو خوندم. همه ی اینها رو در 7 ماه خوندم. practice test هم خب زیاد زدم در مورد اینکه جزو 5 نفر اول باشم یا نه نمیدونم، ولی خب تا حالا بالای 700 نشنیده بودم!! ;D
    سفرنامه عشق آباد
    تصویر خانم Aleta Kovensky آفیسر عشق آباد
    سلام بچه ها! من الان امریکا هستم اگه کسی کردیت کارت خواست بهم بگه

تاریخ عضویت
    May 2008
    ارسال‌ها

I totally recommend 1100 Words, because it's a book which has many exercises and helps you to really remember the words you have studied. In my opinion, it's an absolute "must" for anybody planning to take the GRE. I'm assuming that you're taking the GRE on 4 Aban, and therefore you only have a week left to study. Use the time you have left and don't think it's over!

In my opinion, the best thing you could do is to review the 1100 book in a relatively quick fashion and then go to Barron's (if you haven't already). Try to read as many words as you can, and don't worry about memorizing them. You don't have enough time to memorize! Just looking at the word can help you to have a general understanding of that word. If you have more time (which I doubt), try memorizing the words!

Memorizing words will especially help you on the Antonyms section because in this section, there's nothing that can help you except knowing the definition of the word and the answer choices. It will also help in the Analogy and Sentence Completion sections, but to a lesser extent. For the Reading Comprehension section, words won't help you that much. For that section, you need a strong background of English and a deep understanding of the text which will not be gained by only memorizing word definitions!
    برای کودکانی که شب هم آغوش نگاه معصومشان شده است سرآغاز طلوعی دگرباره باشیم.<br />http://egoft.com/index.php?topic=1494.0

تاریخ عضویت
    Aug 2008
    ارسال‌ها

سلام RaminR عزيز
    مرسي واقعا به خاطر راهنمايي هاي مفيدتون
    راستش بر عكس من خيلي هم وقت دارم واسه خوندن. حتي مي تونم سال ديگه امتحان بدم. سطح زبانم هم خوبه. واسه GRE هم از big book شروع كردم. كتاب كاپلان رو هم به تدريج مي خونم. حالا با اين تفاسير و همون طور كه از صحبتهاي شما فهميدم بهتر اينه كه لغت تا اونجايي كه مخم بكشه حفظ كنم ;D. آيا پيشنهادي واسه حفظ لغات اونم به شكل effective دارين؟
    لطفا راهنمايي كنيد منو.
    بازم ممنون

تاریخ عضویت
    May 2008
    ارسال‌ها

Sorry for answering late! You said you have a considerable amount of time to study.That's good news to hear! What I recommend to basically everyone is to study 1100. I think it's absolutely necessary for everyone taking the GRE. Even if you have already started the Big Book, it's ok, go and get the 1100 and start studying it. I think you should be able to finish it in about 2 months. Don't study too fast, because you want to leave enough time in between your studying for the words to settle in your memory. After you finish 1100, I would recommend studying Barron's. I don't like Kaplan because first of all, it only has the definition of words, but Barron's also has an accompanying sentence which would really help you learn the word in context. Second of all, Kaplan doesn't have any exercises in between the wordlist, but Barron's does. Barron's is divided into 50 wordlists with approximately 75 words in each. I'm not sure exactly how much time you have, but assuming that you have one year, that would leave about 10 months for studying Barron's (considering the fact that 1100 will probably take about 2 months). 10 months is practically equivalent to 300 days, but in my opinion you should finish it earlier so you have time for a more in-depth review. So I think it's reasonable to study one wordlist every 4-5 days and in this case, you will have at least 300-5*50=50 days left for review.

Also, in my opinion, after you finish 1100, you should start specific GRE exercises, for examples doing exercises from Barron's (at the beginning of the book, before the wordlists), from Kaplan, and also taking practice tests (from Barron's, the ETS book, or other resources). Don't wait to finish all the wordlists before taking practice tests. I have many practice tests myself and I'm sure you can find many more in appropriate forums or on the web. Send me a message if you want me to send you my resources.

Now, regarding the review of words, I didn't have a specific method for reviewing the words but a couple of my friends use the "Litner Box" method. They have written simple computer programs for themselves or write the words they don't know on little flash cards and then review them according to this method. What I did was to circle the words I didn't know in Barron's and then the day after, I would review the circled words starting from 3 wordlists before the current wordlist. For example, if I was going to study wordlist number 25 today, I would first review the circled words in wordlists 22, 23 and 24.

Another good resource you could use for reviewing words is a simple software called "Guru's GRE wordlist". You can easily find it if you search this same keyword on Google. It's a simple program which you can use in your free time to review words. It has more than 5000 words in it and I used it on a regular basis and I would recommend to others as well. Tell me if you can't find it.

I can't think of anything else right now, that was basically it, but feel free to ask any more questions
    برای کودکانی که شب هم آغوش نگاه معصومشان شده است سرآغاز طلوعی دگرباره باشیم.<br />http://egoft.com/index.php?topic=1494.0

تاریخ عضویت
    Feb 2008
    ارسال‌ها

به نظر میاد (از جوابای بچه‌ها توی فروم)برای نمره بالای 400 بیشتر از خوندن پایه قوی زبان لازمه. اگر اینطوره بگید ما الکی یکسال وقت نگذاریم.
    من می‌خواهم یکسال بشینم بخونم پایه زبانم هم معمولیه بخونم یه این وقت بگذارم 4 تا مقاله بنویسم؟
    مرسی

تاریخ عضویت
    Jan 2008
    ارسال‌ها

نقل قول نوشته اصلی توسط tree
    به نظر میاد (از جوابای بچه‌ها توی فروم)برای نمره بالای 400 بیشتر از خوندن پایه قوی زبان لازمه. اگر اینطوره بگید ما الکی یکسال وقت نگذاریم.
    من می‌خواهم یکسال بشینم بخونم پایه زبانم هم معمولیه بخونم یه این وقت بگذارم 4 تا مقاله بنویسم؟
    مرسی
    من پایه زبان خیلی خوبی دارم و 3 بار GRE دادم اما به نظر من بخش وربال GRE اصولا به دانش بسیار بالایی از لغات نیاز داره. من کم و بیش خوندم سری لغات موجود رو. اما واقعا باید اونقدر مسلط باشید که با دیدن سوال جواب بیاد تو ذهنتون. حتما وقت بذارید برای خوندنش چون به نظر من خیلی تاثیر داره برای بالا بردن نمره . اما به نظر من نمی شه به راحتی نمر هایی قابل مقایسه با آمریکاییها و چینیها و هندیها آورد.

تاریخ عضویت
    May 2008
    ارسال‌ها

to tree: "Practice makes perfect!" Don't ever forget that sentence! By studying hard for the GRE, I am absolutely sure that you can get a good score. I'm not saying that you will get 700 on the verbal, but in my opinion, it's not that hard to get a 550-600. First of all, consider that on the CBT exam for example, 9 out of 30 questions are antonyms. Antonyms don't necessarily need a great background knowledge of English; knowing the definitions of the words is basically enough. This goes for the analogies as well. Having a good background in English is mostly helpful for sentence completion and reading comprehension, but you can also improve those areas by expanding your active vocabulary.

Let me give you an example: I have a friend who took the PBT exam on Saturday, and is also taking the CBT next week. His knowledge of English was normal, nothing special. He studied English with a tutor for about 2 years (started with New Interchange and then Delta and TOEFL-related material) and he got a 109 on the TOEFL exam 3 months ago and on his practice GRE exams, his average score is around 580-600! He didn't do anything special; all he did was to put enough time into the learning process and to work hard. I am sure that he will get a 600 on his exam, and maybe even more! What I'm trying to say here is that with practice and hard work, you can get a very good score on the GRE. And don't forget the impact that its score can have on your resume and on your chance for getting accepted. Most of us tend to underestimate the significance of the GRE, or maybe we just consider it as a towering mountain which is impossible to conquer! No, it's not like that!

I can't overemphasize the importance of GRE and I wish that everyone would pay more attention to it and put more time into studying for it. You will surely see the difference!

صفحه 1 از 27 1234567891011 ... آخرینآخرین

علاقه مندی ها (Bookmarks)

علاقه مندی ها (Bookmarks)

مجوز های ارسال و ویرایش

• شما نمیتوانید موضوع جدیدی ارسال کنید
  • شما امکان ارسال پاسخ را ندارید
  • شما نمیتوانید فایل پیوست در پست خود ضمیمه کنید
  • شما نمیتوانید پست های خود را ویرایش کنید
  •