موضوع: "حتما بخوایند" - مسئولیت GMAC در برابر مشکلات در امتحان GMAT

Senior Member mehrabounr آواتار ها
    تاریخ عضویت
    Nov 2010
    رشته و دانشگاه
    Marketing PHD
    ارسال‌ها

پیش فرض "حتما بخوایند" - مسئولیت GMAC در برابر مشکلات در امتحان GMAT

در مورد یه سری حالتهای اضطراری تو امتحان. مثلا اگه برق قطع بشه یا امتحا کنسل بشه یا .... چی میشه؟

یه سوالی پیش اومد، یکی از بچه ها نگران بود منم کنکجاو شدم بدونم، رفتم پرسیدم.

سوالها و جواب مسئول GMAC رو میذارم شما هم بخونید و بدونید. بد نیست. البته بگم احتمال رخ دادن همچین چیزایی کمه. یعنی نگران این چیزا نشید. ولی خوبه بدونید. (همونطور که آدم اگه بدونه تو تصادف رانندگی باید چی کار کنه خیالش راحته که پروسه رو میدونه. این هم همون جوریه)
    Sorry if you haven't received an answer from me. I don't check the forum any more. If you want to talk, find me on Linkedin or through email.
    Bear in mind I only have information about USA Business school and business PHD admissions.*Who ever says apply to top 30, say NO

تاریخ عضویت
    Nov 2010
    رشته و دانشگاه
    Marketing PHD
    ارسال‌ها

پیش فرض پاسخ : "حتما بخوایند" - مسئولیت GMAC در برابر مشکلات در امتحان GMAT

این سوالهایی که مطرح کردم. جوابهاشو تو پست بعدی بخونید:

Hi
    I have a few questions about test centers. If it's possible please, answer them.
    There's a lot of concern about test centers conditions.

How does GMAC (or pearson?!) choose a place to become a test center? Is there a code or specific standards that they have to meet? Do they have a guideline how to prepare the place when there's an exam? for example, when i or a few others took our exams, There was so much noise that i couldn't even hear my own thoughts. There was a class next door and i could hear everything. The administrator would leave the exam rooms door open, etc.

What can we or GMAC or test centers do? (For example could i have stated my right as a test taker to keep the place quiet or close the doors or would they throw me out?)

2- Can test centers do something that is different from the rules or procedures that are mentioned in MBA.com? Are they allowed to deviate from that?

For example :
    If we consider http://www.mba.com/the-gmat/test-day...st-center.aspx and http://www.mba.com/the-gmat/test-day/...gulations.aspx as our guideline from an official source:

We should be able to bring "earplugs" and use them.right? But some of the test centers i know or heard about, they won't allow this.

Or we are told "not allowed to drink or eat in the test room" does that include bringing them as weel? Like bringing a closed bottle, pill, choclate to test room, but use them on breaks outside? Cause on a less than 8-minute break, there's just not enough time to get to the cupboard, unlock it, find these, use them , put them back, lock it, scan your palm and get back in your seat on time.

3- Unforeseen circumstances
    What is GMAC policy on unforseen events? and What are GMACs responsibilities?

For example:
    A test center has technical difficulties, and cant follow through with the exam. What happens to test takers?
    Do they go to another center immediately? Do they have to reschedule?

GMAC can solve it's problem easily in such situations, but what about the test taker? what happens to/ for them?

A test taker who had to take the exam in another country, and his/her test is cancelled on test day, what happens? Do they get reimbursed for their expenses? Or GMAC doesn't accept any responsibility?

Or a test taker who has to meet a specific deadline and his/her appointment is cancelled, do GMAC guarantee him/her a replacement seat/place as soon as possible(the next day or two), even though all test centers in the area are full?

I know these might be rare situations that might never happen but I'm sure GMAC has thought of them and has the answers.

Some might not consider them important or related to ones experience of GMAT, but since they are raised, please answer them
    Sorry if you haven't received an answer from me. I don't check the forum any more. If you want to talk, find me on Linkedin or through email.
    Bear in mind I only have information about USA Business school and business PHD admissions.*Who ever says apply to top 30, say NO

تاریخ عضویت
    Nov 2010
    رشته و دانشگاه
    Marketing PHD
    ارسال‌ها

پاسخ مسئولش : (این خانم به عنوان نماینده GMAC تو Beatthegmat فعالیت میکنه و هر سوالی که شما از test taker دارید رو ایشون جواب میده)

Thank you for the detailed questions! First, I want to note that all incidents are handled on a case-by-case basis, so I can only point to general guidelines and explain how we approach these situations. As always, once you file an incident report, a Pearson Vue employee will handle your case directly.

1. We choose test centers based on the need in a specific region. Perspective test centers must meet certain criteria. Once a test center is approved as a GMAT test center, they are provided with all of the equipment necessary for proctoring the GMAT accordingly.

2. If there is a noise disturbance during your exam, you should bring it to the TA's attention. They will try to correct the problem and create an Incident Report. As per test takers rights and responsibilities: Promptly inform the appropriate person(s), as specified to you by the organization responsible for test administration, if you believe that testing conditions affected your results. I encourage you to review the Rights and Responsibilities on our website so you are prepared on test day: http://www.mba.com/the-gmat/test-day...st-takers.aspx

3. You cannot bring ear plugs with you to the exam. Test centers should have ear plugs as well as noise cancelling headphones that they can provide you with. You may want to contact your test center in advance of your appointment to ensure they will have some in stock.

4. No food or drink will be permitted in the testing room. You may keep food or beverages in a locker to access during the breaks. I realize that gives you very little time, but we cannot allow candidates to bring food with them into the exam.

5. If there is a known problem prior to the exam, test takers will be notified and rescheduled. If there is an issue that occurs just before an exam or interrupts the exam for an extended period of time (usually over 30 minutes) someone from Pearson Vue will contact you to review the situation and possibly schedule a re-take at no charge.

6. GMAC and Pearson VUE are not responsible for any fees associated with travel. If compensation is offered to the test taker, it will only be in the form of a new exam.

7. Pearson VUE will work with the candidate to schedule the next available appointment that is convenient for the test taker. We encourage students to schedule their exam at least 21 days prior to their first admission deadline, but as far in advance of the deadline as possible. While you should not schedule your exam before you are ready, you should allow enough time to re-take the exam, if you think that should be necessary, and to allow for any unforeseen circumstances.

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!
    ویرایش توسط mehrabounr : August 28th, 2012 در ساعت 02:41 AM

تاریخ عضویت
    Nov 2010
    رشته و دانشگاه
    Marketing PHD
    ارسال‌ها

یه قسمت دیگه از سوال و جوابها:

do they administer different exams at the same time

The test centers do conduct exams other than the GMAT exam, so it is likely that you did see students taking different exams
    (زمانی که من امتحان دادم، چند نفر دیگه که تو اتاق بودن انگار مشغول یه امتحان دیگه بودن، برای همین سوال کردم)

You mentioned "If there is an issue that occurs just before an exam or interrupts the exam for an extended period of time (usually over 30 minutes) someone from Pearson Vue will contact you to review the situation and possibly schedule a re-take at no charge"

If the interruptions is for less than that time, (like fuse burnt! and they fixed it quickly), then what happens? Do they start the exam from the beginning? or what?

For example, if I get to question 16 on quant, my AWA & IR & 16Qs, are they saved somewhere and when they turn the systems on, i can continue from Q 17 or i need to start from 0 and write the AWA and so on
    ?

As for your second question, as I said, Pearson Vue treats each incident on an individual basis. If you encounter an issue during the exam that you feel should result in a re-test, I encourage you to file an incident report. It really depends on the specifics of the situation and the length of the delay. Good luck!

Edit: In rereading your second question, I also want to clarify: In the case of a shorter delay, you would pick up where you left off. You would not start over from the beginning

دوست عزیز خودم که سوال کردی ازم، اینم جواب کامل. امیدوارم استرست از بین رفته باشه! بقیه هم استفاده کرده باشن.

اگه وسط امتحان خرابی پیش بیاد و زمانش کوتاه باشه و درستش کنن، دوباره میشینی سر جات و ادامه امتحانت رو میدی. امتحان از اول شروع نمیشه.
    اگر هم خرابی طولانی باشه، امتحان کنسل میشه و بعد باهات تماس میگیرن و هماهنگ میکنی که دوباره بدی ولی خرج سفر و ... رو نمیدن
    اگرم یکی سر امتحان شلوغ کنه و ... میتونی به مسئول اونجا بگی که محیط رو ساکت کنن. بعد اگه باز مشکلی بود، اعتراضت رو بهشون بعد از امتحان میگی و بررسی میشه اگه واقعا کسی مزاحم امتحانت شده باشه، اون شخص رو که یه بلاهایی سر خودش و نمرش میارن، برای شما هم امتحان دوباره میدی و نمره قبلیت رو حساب نمیکنن. البته به شرطی که بعد از تحقیقشون مشخص بشه که واقعا مزاحمت ایجاد شده ودر امتحان شما اختلال ایجاد کردن و الا اینکه یکی پچ چپ کرده و حواست پرت شده و نمرت شده 400 قبول نیست

تاریخ عضویت
    Jun 2010
    رشته و دانشگاه
    تربیت مدرس
    ارسال‌ها

نقل قول نوشته اصلی توسط mehrabounr نمایش پست ها
    یه قسمت دیگه از سوال و جوابها:
    do they administer different exams at the same time The test centers do conduct exams other than the GMAT exam, so it is likely that you did see students taking different exams
    (زمانی که من امتحان دادم، چند نفر دیگه که تو اتاق بودن انگار مشغول یه امتحان دیگه بودن، برای همین سوال کردم)
    You mentioned "If there is an issue that occurs just before an exam or interrupts the exam for an extended period of time (usually over 30 minutes) someone from Pearson Vue will contact you to review the situation and possibly schedule a re-take at no charge" If the interruptions is for less than that time, (like fuse burnt! and they fixed it quickly), then what happens? Do they start the exam from the beginning? or what? For example, if I get to question 16 on quant, my AWA & IR & 16Qs, are they saved somewhere and when they turn the systems on, i can continue from Q 17 or i need to start from 0 and write the AWA and so on? As for your second question, as I said, Pearson Vue treats each incident on an individual basis. If you encounter an issue during the exam that you feel should result in a re-test, I encourage you to file an incident report. It really depends on the specifics of the situation and the length of the delay. Good luck! Edit: In rereading your second question, I also want to clarify: In the case of a shorter delay, you would pick up where you left off. You would not start over from the beginning.
    دوست عزیز خودم که سوال کردی ازم، اینم جواب کامل. امیدوارم استرست از بین رفته باشه! بقیه هم استفاده کرده باشن. اگه وسط امتحان خرابی پیش بیاد و زمانش کوتاه باشه و درستش کنن، دوباره میشینی سر جات و ادامه امتحانت رو میدی. امتحان از اول شروع نمیشه. اگر هم خرابی طولانی باشه، امتحان کنسل میشه و بعد باهات تماس میگیرن و هماهنگ میکنی که دوباره بدی ولی خرج سفر و ... رو نمیدن اگرم یکی سر امتحان شلوغ کنه و ... میتونی به مسئول اونجا بگی که محیط رو ساکت کنن. بعد اگه باز مشکلی بود، اعتراضت رو بهشون بعد از امتحان میگی و بررسی میشه اگه واقعا کسی مزاحم امتحانت شده باشه، اون شخص رو که یه بلاهایی سر خودش و نمرش میارن، برای شما هم امتحان دوباره میدی و نمره قبلیت رو حساب نمیکنن. البته به شرطی که بعد از تحقیقشون مشخص بشه که واقعا مزاحمت ایجاد شده ودر امتحان شما اختلال ایجاد کردن و الا اینکه یکی پچ چپ کرده و حواست پرت شده و نمرت شده 400 قبول نیست
    من تجربه این فرآیند رو داشتم وقتی پارسال برای امتحان به دوبی رفتم. متاسفانه در حین امتحان حدود 3 بار نرم افزار هنگ کرد. مسئول سنتر چندبار با بخش فنی پیرسون تماس گرفت ولی موفق نشد کمکی بگیره. من هم به امید درست شدن سیستم تا آخر ساعت اداری سنتر منتظر موندم ولی چیزی درست نشد و فقط یک اینسیدنت نامبر گرفتم و برگشتم هتل. وقتی رسیدم ایران، تماس گرفتم با پیرسون و گفتم میخوام ایندفعه کجا امتحان بدم. در مورد اینکه هزینه سفرم سوخت شده هم گفتند که هیچ مسئولیتی رو نمی پذیرند

Member zrahmati آواتار ها
    تاریخ عضویت
    Jun 2011
    رشته و دانشگاه
    مديريت بازرگاني ، علامه طباطبايي
    ارسال‌ها

نقل قول نوشته اصلی توسط alved نمایش پست ها
    من تجربه این فرآیند رو داشتم وقتی پارسال برای امتحان به دوبی رفتم. متاسفانه در حین امتحان حدود 3 بار نرم افزار هنگ کرد. مسئول سنتر چندبار با بخش فنی پیرسون تماس گرفت ولی موفق نشد کمکی بگیره. من هم به امید درست شدن سیستم تا آخر ساعت اداری سنتر منتظر موندم ولی چیزی درست نشد و فقط یک اینسیدنت نامبر گرفتم و برگشتم هتل. وقتی رسیدم ایران، تماس گرفتم با پیرسون و گفتم میخوام ایندفعه کجا امتحان بدم. در مورد اینکه هزینه سفرم سوخت شده هم گفتند که هیچ مسئولیتی رو نمی پذیرند
    خيلي متاسفم كه اين اتفاق براتون افتاد ...
    ميشه بگيد كدوم سنتر بودين ؟ new horison يا society of engineers ؟
    ميگم نميشه اونا هزينه امتحان رو ندن و هزينه سفر رو بدن؟ چون هزينه سفر چند برابر هزينه امتحانه ....!!!! ( هر چند به GMAC ربطي نداره كه ما تو كشور خودمون سنتر ندازيم و مجبوريم بريم جيب ... رو پر كنيم!!!! )

راستي همينجا بايد ازmehrabounr هم تشكر كنم كه زحمت كشيدن و سوالات ما رو از gmac پرسيدن... ممنونم دوست عزيزم...
    ویرایش توسط siaavosh : September 1st, 2012 در ساعت 03:34 PM

تاریخ عضویت
    Nov 2010
    رشته و دانشگاه
    Marketing PHD
    ارسال‌ها

یکی از دوستان اینجا در مورد حجاب پرسیده بود، من از مسئولش پرسیدم. گفتن جوابشون رو اینجا بذارم که شما هم بخونید.
    مسئول GMAC خودش اطلاع دقیق نداشت برای همین با pearson تماس گرفت که مسئول برگزاری امتحان هستن. جواب اونها رو در پایین میبینید:

سوال این بود که پوشیدن حجاب سر امتحان آیا مشکلی داره یا نه؟ آیا قانونی دارن که بگه چه جور لباسی باید باشه ؟

I contacted Pearson Vue for you to discuss this. Below is their reply:

Religious apparel is considered articles of clothing worn as part of the doctrinal or traditional observance of the religious faith practiced by an adherent. Some examples of religious apparel include:

Habit-a garment worn by members of Christian religious orders (normally a tunic worn with a hood or veil).

Hijab-a head, face or body covering worn my Muslim women (this may range from a head covering or scarf to a full burqa covering the entire body).

Kippah (or Yarmulke)-a rounded skullcap worn by Jewish men and women.

Kufi (or Doppa)-a rounded skullcap worn by Muslim men.

Turban-a headdress consisting of a long scarf wound round the head, worn by Sikh men and women.

With the exception of some kirpans (see restrictions below), items considered religious apparel are allowed in the testing room following visual inspection by the test administrator. Visual inspection should be done by examining the item without directly touching it or the candidate and without asking the candidate to remove or unwrap it. Observe the item closely from an appropriate professional distance in order to ascertain to your own satisfaction that it is not being used to conceal notes or other prohibited materials.

It may not always be immediately clear whether an item of clothing is considered religious apparel. There may by types of religious apparel not listed above. If a candidate identifies an item of clothing as religious apparel, it is typically treated as religious apparel.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

(ایشون همینقدر از پیغام رو برام من کپی کردن. واسه همین این kirpan رو نداره ولی خب توضیح حجاب اسلامی رو نوشته دیگه)

گفتن که پوشیدن لباس مذهبی اشکالی نداره . مسئولی که تو سنتر هست باید خودش تشخیص بده که آیا شما اون رو برای تقلب کردن پوشیدید یا نه لباس مذهبیتون هست. اجازه هم ندارن بازرسی بدنیتون کنن یا بهتون دست بزنن و یا بگن حجاب رو بردارید تا بررسی کنن. فقط باید با چشم ببینن.

موضوعات مشابه

1. سوال در مورد اينكه ميگيم "phd يك job‌حساب ميشه"
    توسط dr-data در انجمن گرفتن کمک هزینه دانشجویی
    پاسخ: 15
    آخرين نوشته: July 14th, 2019, 09:55 PM
  2. "Affidavit of Support Letter must be notarized" یعنی چی؟
    توسط hamid_m7 در انجمن تحصیل در آمریکا
    پاسخ: 8
    آخرين نوشته: April 8th, 2015, 08:12 PM
  3. "Translations do not constitute official transcripts" یعنی چی؟
    توسط Sina Arghavan در انجمن کارنامه و مدارک تحصیلی
    پاسخ: 5