صفحه 129 از 154 نخستنخست ... 2979119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139 ... آخرینآخرین
نمایش نتایج: از شماره 1,281 تا 1,290 , از مجموع 1539

موضوع: سوالات مرتبط با گرامر و معادل لغات و جملات زبان انگلیسی

پیش فرض پاسخ : سوالات مرتبط با گرامر و معادل لغات و جملات زبان انگلیسی

نقل قول نوشته اصلی توسط soniasa نمایش پست ها
    Which one is correct and why?
    1 to eat out can be very expensive
    2 eating out can be very expensive

Tnx
    i think these are both technically correct, however using infinitive as subject is uncommon. i'd definitely use #2. #1 sounds super weird!

تاریخ عضویت
    Aug 2014
    ارسال‌ها

Tnx

I read in one of GMAT Books that to +verb indicates purpose and Verb +ing indicates action
    (There are also exceptionsn)

So the second option is correct
    خیلی خیلی به ندرت به اینجا میام

ApplyAbroad Veteran
    Fairymaid آواتار ها
    تاریخ عضویت
    Mar 2013
    ارسال‌ها

سلام
    میشه لطفا معادل انگلیسی این جمله زیر رو بگید چی میشه؟
    چون آدم ریزبین و دقیقی هستم و به جزییات خیلی اهمیت می دم, وقتی به تنهایی روی این مساله کار کنم, بهتر می تونم موضوع رو مدیریت کنم و کنترل بیشتری روی نتیجه نهایی دارم.
    As I am a meticulous person and...
    ??
    There are actually many ways to tell this sentence, from the most conversational to the most formal.
    Two of them suffice here:

Since i am a pedantic person and i pay careful attention to details, when i work alone on this problem, i can manage that more easily and have more control over the final result

Being an pedantic person and paying careful attention to details, i can manage the subject more easily while i am working on it by myself. That way i can have better control over the final result

I personally prefer the first option especially for conversations. The second one is a bit formal using (Being) and (Paying) as the subject of the sentence.

نقل قول نوشته اصلی توسط Fairymaid نمایش پست ها
    There are actually many ways to tell this sentence, from the most conversational to the most formal.
    Two of them suffice here:

Since i am a pedantic person and i pay careful attention to details, when i work alone on this problem, i can manage that more easily and have more control over the final result

Being an pedantic person and paying careful attention to details, i can manage the subject more easily while i am working on it by myself. That way i can have better control over the final result

I personally prefer the first option especially for conversations. The second one is a bit formal using (Being) and (Paying) as the subject of the sentence.
    سلام دوستان عزیز، در همه مثال هایی که من تا الان دیدم pedantic بار معنایی منفی داشته یعنی آدمی که بیش از حد لزوم درگیر جزئیات بی اهمیت میشه (شبیه ملّا نقطی خودمون). detail-oriented شاید اصطلاح بهتری باشه. نکته دومی که البته مربوط به موضوع این تاپیک نیست این که من نمی دونم این دوستمون دقیقا این جمله رو واسه چی می خوان؛ اگه مثلا واسه SOP یا مکاتبه با استاد هست، من اگه باشم در مورد خودم به این شکل صحبت نمی کنم چون عدم توانایی کار با دیگران به هر حال نکته مثبتی نیست، حالا هر طور که سعی کنید توجیهش کنید.

ApplyAbroad Veteran
    Fairymaid آواتار ها
    تاریخ عضویت
    Mar 2013
    ارسال‌ها

ترجمه به انتخاب و دید مترجم بر میگرده.
    معادل های انگلیسی این کلمه بسیار زیاده و از منفی تا مثبت تر.
    اما انتخاب من این بود چون از نظر شخصی من، ریز بینی و دقت زیاد همیشه بار معنای منفی داره و اصلا ویژگی مثبتی نیست. ایشون یا شما یا هر شخص دیگه ای آزاده معادل های دیگه این کلمه را با توجه به نظر شخصیش و کانتکس مورد نظرش انتخاب کنه!

هیچ کانتکسی ندادن که این جمله رو برای چه متن و موقعیت می خوان.

Senior Member soniasa آواتار ها
    تاریخ عضویت
    Feb 2013
    رشته و دانشگاه
    Software engineering - Iran University of Science and Technology
    ارسال‌ها

نقل قول نوشته اصلی توسط tuxic نمایش پست ها
    سلام دوستان عزیز، در همه مثال هایی که من تا الان دیدم pedantic بار معنایی منفی داشته یعنی آدمی که بیش از حد لزوم درگیر جزئیات بی اهمیت میشه (شبیه ملّا نقطی خودمون). detail-oriented شاید اصطلاح بهتری باشه. نکته دومی که البته مربوط به موضوع این تاپیک نیست این که من نمی دونم این دوستمون دقیقا این جمله رو واسه چی می خوان؛ اگه مثلا واسه SOP یا مکاتبه با استاد هست، من اگه باشم در مورد خودم به این شکل صحبت نمی کنم چون عدم توانایی کار با دیگران به هر حال نکته مثبتی نیست، حالا هر طور که سعی کنید توجیهش کنید.
    سلام
    ممنون از شما....منم باشما موافقم که کلمه pedantic به طور ضمنی بار منفی داره و بهتره که استفاده نشه برای توصیف شخصی.... به همین دلیل اگه دقت کرده باشید من ابتدای جمله خودم رو با as I 'm a meticulous person, شروع کردم .....meticulous صفتی است که با معنی ضمنی مثبت تر برای کسی که خیلی دقیق و ریزبین هست بکار میره مثل جراحی که با ظرافت و دقت باید جراحی اش رو انجام بده... اما در مورد سوال شما من از این برای توصیف خودم در نمونه اسپیکینگ استفاده می کنم که سوال کرده بود ترجیح میدهید گروهی کارکنید یا به تنهایی.

ApplyAbroad Veteran
    omid2015 آواتار ها
    تاریخ عضویت
    Mar 2014
    ارسال‌ها

Tnx
    ,Hi

Maybe it is worth mentioning another viewpoint here. I would say the former is, at least, very uncommon, but the latter makes perfectly sense. The reason is a gerund (simple form of a verb + ing) can be used as a subject, object, and so on. Similarly, one can argue that an infinitive (with to) can also be used as a noun. Therefore, grammatically speaking, both are possible, but it is not common for an infinitive to be used as a subject, and it is mostly used as a noun or subject complement. To clarify this even more, I
    :refer you to the following examples

(To eat out, you need to have enough money. (You need to have enough money to eat out.) (Noun complement

(Her dream is to take a managerial job. (Subject complement

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover
    H. Jackson Brown Jr. - P.S. I Love You

.When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile
    Unknown

ApplyAbroad Veteran
    omid2015 آواتار ها
    تاریخ عضویت
    Mar 2014
    ارسال‌ها

Post پاسخ : سوالات مرتبط با گرامر و معادل لغات و جملات زبان انگلیسی

نقل قول نوشته اصلی توسط sasansas نمایش پست ها
    سلام
    در مورد کاربرد hair به عنوان اسم قابل شمارش یا غیر قابل شمارش سوال داشتم

I have a gray hair
    I have gray hair
    ????
    I get depressed whenever I see those white hairs
    I get depressed whenever I see my white hairs
    I get depressed whenever I see my white hair
    ???

سپاس
    ,Hi

When you are talking about "hair" in general, for example, when talking about hairstyle or hair colour, it is uncountable, but when you are talking about some specific pieces of hair, it is countable. Back to the question in hand, the right usage of "hair" for the first and second situations would be uncountable, and countable, respectively.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover
    H. Jackson Brown Jr. - P.S. I Love You

.When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile
    Unknown

ApplyAbroad Guardian
    imanprs آواتار ها
    تاریخ عضویت
    Aug 2011
    ارسال‌ها

نقل قول نوشته اصلی توسط omid2015 نمایش پست ها
    ,Hi

Maybe it is worth mentioning another viewpoint here. I would say the former is, at least, very uncommon, but the latter makes perfectly sense. The reason is a gerund (simple form of a verb + ing) can be used as a subject, object, and so on. Similarly, one can argue that an infinitive (with to) can also be used as a noun. Therefore, grammatically speaking, both are possible, but it is not common for an infinitive to be used as a subject, and it is mostly used as a noun or subject complement. To clarify this even more, I
    :refer you to the following examples

(To eat out, you need to have enough money. (You need to have enough money to eat out.) (Noun complement

(Her dream is to take a managerial job. (Subject complement

I do agree with you. However, the first example you provided is a bit different. Just consider "in order to" instead of "to" and you will see what I mean.
    I'd prefer these as examples:
    To give advice is easy.
    To tell the truth is important.

Anyway, as you and many others mentioned, this kind of structure is not that common. For instance, I would say "It is easy to give advice" instead.
    فرآیند گرفتن وقت سفارت آمریکا (۲۰۱۶)

از این که با احترام گذاشتن به خودتون و دیگران،
    سؤالات پاسخ‌ داده شده و قابل طرح در انجمن رو به طور شخصی نمی‌پرسید ممنونم.

ApplyAbroad Hero sasansas آواتار ها
    تاریخ عضویت
    Jul 2014
    ارسال‌ها

سلام
    میشه سایر جملات معادل را قرار دهید. سپاس
    A<B
    A is lesser than B
    A>B
    A is larger than B
    I spring over the spring with the spring in the spring